Water Testing

REPLUMBING COST $1,500-$15,000+

“Cost to replumbing a home’s piping can run anywhere from $1,500 to $15,000 or more. The price depends on where the pipes are located, how many bathrooms you have and if you do a full repipe or just a visible repipe, or redoing only the visible pipes in the basement or crawlspace.”

https://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/plumbing/install-new-plumbing-pipes/#replumb

1986 OR OLDER HOME (LEAD)

“Due to its toxicity, most cities moved away from lead water-supply piping by the 1920s in the United States, although lead pipes were approved by national plumbing codes into the 1980s, and lead was used in plumbing solder for drinking water until it was banned in 1986.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plumbing

ACIDIC WATER & COPPER PIPES (COPPER)

“Copper can get into drinking water either by directly contaminating well water or through corrosion of copper pipes if your water is acidic. Corrosion of pipes is by far the greatest cause for concern.”

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/private/wells/disease/copper.html

“A low level of copper usually leaves a green/blue stain on taps, pipes, hand basins, showers or toilets but there is no bitter or metallic taste. This water is still safe to drink.

A high level of copper usually leaves a metallic or unpleasant bitter taste in the drinking water. This water may not be safe to drink and you should contact your drinking water provider or have the water professionally tested”

https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Copper-in-drinking-water

LEAD AFFECTS YOUR HEALTH

“Lead poisoning occurs when lead builds up in the body, often over months or years. Even small amounts of lead can cause serious health problems. Children younger than 6 years are especially vulnerable to lead poisoning, which can severely affect mental and physical development. At very high levels, lead poisoning can be fatal.”

“Initially, lead poisoning can be hard to detect — even people who seem healthy can have high blood levels of lead. Signs and symptoms usually don’t appear until dangerous amounts have accumulated.”

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lead-poisoning/symptoms-causes/syc-20354717

COPPER AFFECTS YOUR HEALTH

“The normal adult requires approximately two to three milligrams of copper per person per day. More than 90% of your dietary need for copper is provided by food. Drinking water usually provides less than 10% of your daily copper intake. Consumption of high levels of copper can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gastric (stomach) complaints and headaches. Long term exposure over many months and years can cause liver damage and death.”

https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Copper-in-drinking-water

PRIVATE WELL WATER (Micro Test)

Owl Home Inspection, LLC

The Wise Choice For A Superior Inspection.